As of December 2019, J.J. Abrams will close out the Star Wars trilogy he kicked off with The Force Awakens.
Come 2019, Rey, Finn, BB-8 and Poe Dameron’s journey will end. Fans have been critical of the new slate of Star Wars Films. Some scream of propaganda. Others say it lacked real depth and many others say Luke Skywalker’s (the iconic character) was given a raw deal. With all the previously mentioned criticism, Abrams will have to make this one the most epic film to date.
Star Wars Episode IX: (Has no Title). It will hit theaters around the world on Dec. 20, 2019. If you cannot wait that long then there is plenty of stuff coming your way. We looked on IMDB as well as a couple of sources we have in Hollywood. This is what we know so far:
- Daisy Ridley as Rey
- John Boyega as Finn
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Jimmy Vee as R2-D2
With the exception of everyones favorite Chewbacca and the droids, there will be no characters of legend in this film. There is a lot of rumors at the moment circulating around the net and theories are abundant.
- While The Last Jedi picks up immediately after The Force Awakens, it’s possible there will be a time jump before Episode IX. John Boyega told Yahoo he’s growing his hair out for the new movie, and we can “wait for the trailer to see why.”
- Yoda appeared as a Force Ghost during The Last Jedi, and the New York Daily News says an “insider” revealed . Since Yoda in ghost form can also bring down a lightning bolt, it’s awfully weird he isn’t more involved in assisting Leia’s Resistance.
- Young Lando made his debut in this year’s Solo, but what about older Lando? According to Fantha Tracks, Billy Dee Williams may return to play his Star Wars character in Episode IX. While we can’t verify Fantha Tracks’ sources, an appearance of some kind is overdue. If nothing else, we’d like to see Lando’s reaction to learning that old friend Han was killed by his son.
What do you all think is going down in the last movie? What did you think about Solo? Lets discuss in the comments below. Be sure to share this on Social Media. We really appreciate all of you. You, our readers make what we do possible.