The official website for P.A. Works’ original television anime Appare-Ranman! revealed the anime‘s cast, character profiles, and April premiere date.
Main Cast Includes:
- Appare Sorano: Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul)
- Kosame Isshiki: Seiichiro Yamasahita (James Moriarty in Case File nº221: Kabukicho)
- Hototo: Aoi Yuki (Madoka Kaname in Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- Jin Schalen: Sora Amamiya (Aqua in KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!)
- Al Reon: Souma Saito (Hermes in Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
- Sophia Taylor: Fumiko Orikasa (Rukia Kuchiki in Bleach)
The story is set at the end of the 19th century and on the eve of the next one. After a certain mishap, the brilliant but socially inept engineer Sorano Appare (family name first) and the shrewd but cowardly samurai Isshiki Kosame find themselves drifting on a boat from Japan to America. Broke, the two decide to compete in the Trans-America Wild Race to win the prize and return to Japan. The two battle crazy rivals, outlaws, and the great outdoors itself as they race through the wild West from the starting line in Los Angeles to the finish line in New York — in the steam-powered car they built.
Takeshi Kikuchi and Daijō Kudō are credited with project planning, with APPERRACING credited with the original story concept. Masakazu Hashimoto (Tari Tari, Crayon Shin-chan films) is directing, supervising the series scripts, and credited with the original story drafts. Yurie Oohigashi is designing the characters based on the original designs by Ahndongshik (Dongshik Ahn, Gagoze), as well as serving as chief animation director. Shiho Takeuchi is drawing the mechanical designs.