Makar Sankranti is likely one of the most generally celebrated fairs in India. The joyous day marks the tip of iciness and the start of longer, hotter days. Known as Bihu in east India, Pongal in south India, and Uttarayan in west India, this harvest pageant is well known with middle warming cuisine like dahi chooda, undhiyu, khichdi, and naturally, til ke laddoo.
Simple to make and nutrient-rich, sesame laddoos are a guilt-free indulgence for the ones with a candy teeth. This Sankranti, alternatively, switch white sesame seeds with the black ones and check out an ideal simple ‘Ellu Urundai’ recipe through chef Sanjeev Kapoor that calls for simply 4 substances.
“A nutrient-rich delicacy with only a few substances, Ellu Urundai, is a will have to right through iciness!” the chef captioned the Instagram submit.
*I cup – Black sesame seeds
*1 cup – Jaggery
*¼ cup – Water
*Inexperienced cardamom powder
- Dry roast the black sesame seeds in a pan for 4-5 mins. Take them out.
- Upload jaggery to the similar pan and let it dissolve.
- Then, upload water and cook dinner it until it has a one string consistency.
- Upload the sesame seeds to liquid jaggery.
- Observe it up with a large pinch of inexperienced cardamom powder and blend it smartly.
- Lay out the mix flat on a plate.
- Then, take grease your fingers with some ghee and roll the sesame combination into small balls whilst it’s nonetheless heat.
📣 For extra way of life information, observe us on Instagram | Twitter | Fb and don’t fail to notice the most recent updates!