New Studio Hakama Opens In Shibuya
The producer who worked on the Story of Seasons and Rune Factory games while at Marvelous has a new venture. The once former Executive officer left the role in January to open a company we now know the name of. Hakama! Yoshifumi Hashimoto started Hakama, which is based in Shibuya. Here is what it says on their official website:
Let a little more fun into your heart!
Hakama Inc. is primarily focused on the planning and development of a wide variety of video game properties, be they consumer, social or online.
Our staff specialize in just about any genre imaginable, from simple and heartwarming to daring and cutting-edge. For more info, please feel free to drop us a line!
- Dragon: Marked for Death (Switch) – In cooperation with Inti Creates
- Working Title #1
- Working Title #2
■ Company Profile
- Company Name: Hakama Inc.
- Head Office: Tokyo metropolitan area, Shibuya ward
- Established: January, 2018
- President and CEO: Yoshifumi Hashimoto
- Company Outline:
- Planning, development, consulting, sales, and/or distribution of games for home consoles, social media platforms, PC.
- IP content creation, character design, illustration, scenario planning and development.
- Production of music or drama CDs, recording of games/apps voiceovers and/or narration.
- Publication, advertisement, and publicity planning and consultation.
■ President and CEO / Yoshifumi Hashimoto
Produced, directed, and otherwise been heavily involved in a wide range of titles, from games with heartwarming worldviews and sweet stories to more edgy and mature titles.
Also handled the original concept creation, planning, producing, and creative direction of the Rune Factory series since its launch in 2006.
Left Executive Officer and Chief Creative Officer role at Marvelous Inc. in 2018 to start Hakama Inc. with a group of like-minded colleagues.
- Rune Factory series
- Story of Seasons series
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Here is their official Twitter:
— HAKAMAさん。 (@hkm_info) July 24, 2018