Millets can by no means be uninteresting if you know the way to make use of them. This Valentine’s Day, here’s a super-easy recipe that can let you know that anything else and the whole lot can also be made with millets. With only a few elements, proper improvisation and a little of affection, those surprise grains can rustle up magic. It comes to kodo millet.
I assembled 4 elements and requested my scholars to bet what I used to be going to arrange. They imagined inventive recipes like a pie, strawberry disintegrate or perhaps a strawberry pudding with kodo millet. However, this recipe is faster. It took me 5 mins to arrange and plate this dish, and I were given a ten/10 from my daughter; it made my Valentine’s Day particular.
Please word that you’ll substitute kodo millet with any of the sure grains. Learn extra for the step by step recipe and consult with the video.
KODO MILLET LOVE BITES
· ½ cup kodo millet
· 7-8 contemporary strawberries
· ½ cup coconut sugar
· ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
1. Completely wash and soak kodo millet for a excellent 6-8 hours.
2. Boil millet with 1.25 cups of water in an open vessel. As soon as the grains are smooth, permit them to chill.
3. In a separate pan, upload coconut sugar and roughly-chopped strawberry chunks. Because the sugar begins to soften, press all the aggregate with a spatula or a potato masher until you get thick jam-like consistency.
4. Upload boiled millet, adopted through nutmeg powder. Combine it smartly until the mix thickens.
5. Check with the video shared and get started plating the best way you wish to have.
6. Revel in it contemporary and sizzling. Eat the similar day.
You’ll improvise through opting for any sure grain appropriate for your well being situation. You’ll replace coconut sugar with palm jaggery or common natural jaggery powder. Nutmeg powder is not obligatory and you’ll select to skip it, or upload cardamom powder as an alternative. When strawberries don’t seem to be in season, you’ll improvise with different seasonal culmination like mango, plum and even jamuns.
(Shalini Rajani is the founding father of Loopy Kadchi and holds cutting edge Millets Cooking Workshops and Sourdough Baking Workshops for all age teams.)
📣 For extra way of life information, practice us on Instagram | Twitter | Fb and don’t fail to notice the newest updates!